Cultural Support Worker
The Cultural Support Worker is responsible for providing individual, family and community centered cultural programs, service and activities aimed at strengthening and building healthy families. The Cultural support worker uses strong relationship building and interpersonal skills and ensures that all activities are healthy and safe for all participants and promotes a healthy and supportive lifestyle for all community residents.
- High school graduation with related life experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to incorporate Aboriginal culture into day-to-day activities
- Knowledge of First Nations language
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs to the basic level.
- Ability to make effective presentations
- Ability to plan and organize and offer events to all ages
- Ability to provide written reports or stories as required
- One-year experience planning and facilitating events
- Must have the physical capability to do some heavy lifting and carrying as well as provide set up and take down of furniture, tables and chairs
- Receives minimal supervision with occasional direction and very few checks of the work performed
Conditions of Employment
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Criminal Records Check
- Must have a valid BC Driver’s Licence
- Must provide a vehicle in good operating condition and appropriate vehicle insurance to meet program requirements OR access to company vehicle is provided and requires a valid Driver’s Licence
To Apply: Interested Applicants may apply by submitting a cover letter outlining how their skills and experience fit the position along with their resume to:
ATTENTION: Band Administrator
Stswecem’c Xgat’tem First Nation
General Delivery, Dog Creek, BC
Or Fax: 250-440-5679
Or email: email@example.com
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
We thank all those who apply however, only those selected for an Interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org