Human Resource Manager
Reporting to the Band Administrator, the Human Resources Manager provides administrative support, focusing on the development and delivery of HR programs, employee support and satisfaction, and contributing to the achievement of Stswecem’c Xgat’tem First Nation’s goals and objectives. The Human Resources Manager provides leadership to the long-term achievement of capacity development, employee recruitment and engagement, succession management and the development of fair and cohesive working environment. The Human Resources Manager carries out responsibilities in some or all of the functional areas: recruitment and retention, orientation, training and development, safety, performance management, succession management, employee relations, employee communication, and compensation and benefits.
- Degree in Human Resources Management or related field (CPHR an asset)
- Knowledge of legislation on Labour Code, Occupational Health and Safety, Privacy, Human Rights and Employment Law
- Knowledge and experience in human resources, strategic planning, disability management, training and development, employee engagement, performance management and other topics
- 5 plus years of human resources work experience with proven generalist proficiency in Human Resources Management
- Experience building capacity of leadership team and undertaking employee relations activities
- Experience investigation, training and eliminating bullying and harassment
- Experience facilitating training sessions
- Office environment
- Most services are provided immediately requiring the employee to be aware of sensitivity, confidentiality and urgency of requests while balancing other work commitments.
- Receives limited supervision with less frequent direction and review of the work performed.
To Apply: Interested Applicants may apply by submitting a cover letter outlining how their skills and experience fit the position along with their resume and wage expectation to:
ATTENTION: Band Administrator
Stswecem’c Xgat’tem First Nation
General Delivery, Dog Creek, BC
Or Fax: 250-440-5679
Or email: email@example.com
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, August 30, 2019 4:30 pm
We thank all those who apply however, only those selected for an Interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org