- Bachelor’s Degree (Science, Natural Resource Management, First Nations Culture & History, Archaeology or relevant discipline)
- Project / Program Management or Coordination experience
- Policy Development and Negotiations
Skills and Abilities:
- Researching and analyzing BC Indigenous issues, history and political structures and supporting the development of options and negotiation strategies.
- Coordinating public consultation processes dealing with land use and resource management issues involving federal, provincial and local government jurisdictions.
- Using project management tools, techniques and tracking systems and participating in multiple concurrent projects, independently or in teams within time and resource constraints with demonstrated experience adapting to changing priorities, emergent issues, competing and conflicting demands.
- Developing natural resource and land use policy
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs for word processing, databases, spreadsheets, GIS, email and the internet, to the intermediate level (capable of using a large number of functions and feel confident using the program)
Type of Employment:
- 70 hours bi-weekly
- Field work to assess projects and impacts on SXFN traditional territory required
- Travel to other related organization locations will be required
- Non-standard hours of work
- Receives minimal daily supervision with regular weekly & monthly mentoring opportunities provided
Conditions of Employment
- Must have a Criminal Records Check
- Must have a valid BC Driver’s License
- Must provide a vehicle in good operating condition and appropriate vehicle insurance to meet program requirements OR access to company vehicle
Interested applicants may apply by submitting a resume and a cover letter outlining relevant work experience and wage expectation. Job Description available upon request.
ATTENTION: Band Administrator
Stswecem’c Xgat’tem First Nation
General Delivery, Dog Creek, BC
Or Fax: 250-440-5679
Or email: email@example.com
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Position is filled
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org